Monday, May 25, 2009

Manatee Sighting




I was recently kayaking in the Wakulla River with my parents and we came across not one, not two, not three, but FOUR manatees.

I know this may not sound very impressive to you simpletons, but it is very rare to see manatees in the wild. I only had my phone to take pictures with, but you can see their
outlines and shapes, and their scars, which are the white stripes on them. They all had scars from boats. It was sad, but still really cool to be among them. They are very graceful and fat and lazy. All they did was eat.

2 comments:

  1. you're lucky they didnt swallow your kayak.

    sweet pics from the iphone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

    You always made fun of me when I said I liked manatees! Look who loves them now!


    BEST ANIMALZZZZ EVAAAAAAAAAA

    ReplyDelete