I got a quick break, and was able to check the blog. Thought I might let you guys know that this beard thing is hilariously awesome. I had some Germans in laterhosin (sp?) yodel for us the other day. Their beards are gorgeously gigantic.
Anchorage is a pretty ugly city, but its surrounded by mountains so I guess that makes up for the infinite construction and strip clubs.
I did get to go out into the mountains for a day/night. We would park the car on the side of the roads and go out into the woods looking for cool shit. Found a lot of great views. We stayed at a cabin on a lake in the middle of nowhere which a guys owns as well as a few small aircraft. He does fly overs of the mountainside and he also does food drops for people who live in small places that can't get their own food.
Then at night we spent most of it on a beach that overlooks Mt. Redoubt which was spewing steam and ash. We arranged to have the guy from Digico do a flyover with a camera, but the volcano decided to stop overnight after weeks of being active. If it starts back up we will go back out and shoot it though.
The pictures above are of a random view that we found while hiking in the woods, and the second image is the view of the lake from the cabin we stayed in for the night. (It is never dark here, but the sun is mostly down from 11 PM to 4 AM.)
Thats about it. I hope all is well, and that everyone is settling in just fine for now.
Love you guys.
O, and moose are scary when you are chasing them in the wild. Big fuckers. Bigger antlers.
Bears are dangerous, they will kill you. just make sure to make a documentary about it like that crazy guy that tryed to live and talk with bears.
ReplyDeletehe got his gf and himself killed, just make sure you arent around anyone menstrating. if college taught me anything, its that bears are attracked to females menstrations.
Glad you're having a fabulous time.
ReplyDeleteJubsy says he loves you. He says he'll grow out his beard if you come visit him.