Sunday, May 24, 2009

Roadtrip!

I figured I'd update on Michael and I's past week, which was spent travelinggggggggggggggg to see YOU GUYS!! :) Well a couple of you.

On Monday we left really early and drove alllllllllllll the way down to Florida to see the Wisdom Father. We stopped at his house, which was giant and very nice, said hi to his parents, then went to Patrick's friend John's (is it spelled with an h? I'm going to spell it that way) house. We then proceeded to watch them play crazy video games like Monkey Balls and then passed out because driving 12 hours in one day kind of sucks.

Tuesday morning we headed out of Tallahassee to St. George's Island where John's family had a beach house. It was extremely windy and a bit cloudy but still really nice overall. We played bocce ball, which I suck at, and were able to go in the water which I personally think is the best part of the beach. This is a picture of the view from the porch:



We stayed till Thursday, when we left to drive up to South Carolina to visit Katie. It was a good idea (of Katie's :) ) to do this on the way back to break up the trip so I didn't kill myself over another 12 hour car trip. So we got there on Thursday night where Katie proceeded to make me drink a bottle of champagne and I got really drunk. Did I mention Katie's house is also big and really nice?

So after waking up without a hangover thankfully, we went to the beach. The weather was much more sunny in SC, and we spent the day laying out and hanging out in the water, where Michael proceeded to attempt to drown me. Just kidding. This is Michael on the beach:



Anyway, so we very wisely decided we didn't need sunscreen on this particular day, and didn't put any on except for Michael's back when it started to burn.

Then we went out to eat because I really really wanted crab, and Katie and I got snow crab legs at this restaurant on the marsh. YUM:


Thennnnn we drove home after dinner, which was fine until around North Carolina where I found it really uncomfortable to sit in the car seat. We didn't realize until we got home that we were REALLY burnt and looked like tomatoes. I have never in my life been so burnt. It hurt. It's going away now, thankfully.

And that's the long version of our trip. Sorry the picture quality isn't great, I forgot my camera so my phone was the only thing I could use.

And that's basically what I've been doing lately. :) If anyone else wants to be visited...lemme know!

1 comment:

  1. my back kinda looked like the color of those crab legs yesterday. i'm not listening to you next time, Miss "I Want to Get Burnt". ha
    and I didnt "make" you drink a bottle, i just refilled it whenever you finished..and did a little encouraging..

    come visit again sooooooooon! (and that goes for everyone)

    ReplyDelete