Friday, April 3, 2009

Iowa: A "Pro-America" Part of the Country...Where Gays Can Get Married

(So I know this is a little more serious than previous posts, but it's an important issue to me and I hope to others, no matter which side of the fence you're on. This and marijuana are the two issues I follow the most, so I'll probably post when big things happen. This is a big thing.)

If you haven't heard yet, the Iowa Supreme Court ruled in a unanimous vote that their ban of gay marriage from 1998 was unconstitutional. Fun fact about Iowa: apparently it has traditionally been a pretty progressive state, outlawing slavery and segregation in the mid 1800s.

Now maybe not everyone who reads or contributes to this blog agrees with this decision, and that's fine. I don't understand you're thinking and I am pretty sure you have mental issues, but it's still fine. I just think it's time to think rationally and logically about this issue, and realize that gay marriage does not threaten "traditional" marriage. It's time use our brains to realize that marriage was created by man, just like slavery and segregation. And just like our forefathers did with slavery and segregation, we can take a step back and say, "What the hell are we doing?", and create change that will favor all citizens.

Rant end.

Next stop: marijuana.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah! :)

    Didn't know about the abolition of slavery and segregation in Iowa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s. How bout them notifications?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iowa rocks, unfortunately I do not see many other states following their lead in this matter. Basically, I think it will be a long time before this entire country allows same-sex marriage. Just keep fighting the good fight.

    ReplyDelete