Written in 2005 by a 'conservative journalist' living in South Africa, (who writes under the pseudonym Gemma Meyer), this article is a serious example of eugenic theory at work in the 21st century. The journalist begins by asserting that although South Africa is "20 years behind the rest of the Western World," this has benefited the country because of the delay in "pornography and the gay-rights movement." (Because these two things are obviously equal.) The only drawback was that they had to wait years for television- what a pity.
Good old Gemma warns "white Americans" that they need to vote to protect themselves from the "ethnic metamorphosis" taking place in the US, which is obviously resulting in riots and violence. She goes on to explain that White South Africans have already lost their country because of pressure (she uses the word propaganda) from the outside world to eliminate racism and oppression (both of which the journalist writes off as non-issues.)
She cites the discontinuation of the Confederate flag as evidence of Americans "caving in," and wonders what will be next- heaven forbid we change our official language! She urges white Americans to maintain their "social, cultural, and political dominance." Gemma also pegs Nelson Mandela as a terrorist, and uses Zimbabwe and Sierra Leone as proof of what will happen if 'others' invade America. She discusses the violent situations in these countries as happening in spite of the 'white-man's' attempt to civilize and teach, rather than as a result of exploitative and oppressive colonial rule.
I've officially puked about 10 times since beginning this article. I know that we don't all share the same political/social beliefs, but I think you'll all agree that this writing is hateful and only promotes intolerance and xenophobia. You can read it here to see the absurdity for yourself.
The kicker? Found this posted on the wall of a Facebook group called "Sexy Republicans." The explanation under the link reads,
" An interesting and chilling article. Definitely something to remember when you go to the polls or hear political news."
Oh geez. I will say that I find it humorous to imagine Gemma's response to our most recent election. I bet her head spun completely around.
No comments:
Post a Comment