So for those of you who have not heard, I have relocated to New Orleans in the last weekend (Saturday) because Kenny's mom has so generously gotten me a fabulous temp job working at the Whitney Bank (so exciting I know you all are thinking it). I was trying to visit a bunch of people last week - megan and michael in richmond, alissa and nicole in hburg, and my friend alison back in wetminster and was well on my way until Lola (Kenny's mom for those of you who don't know) called me while I was at Busch Gardens with Megan and her family to tell me she had a job for me that started that monday. Since I had been applying to numerous places in nola with not even an email response to tell me "no way you unqualified missy," I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get some more experience to add to my resume. So, unfortunately my trip up north was cut short and I had to go home and promptly buy office clothes, because as we all know, I only own shorts and tshirts.
So I have since settled into the Lass household in the lovely guestroom and can play with Kenny's new puppy Deuce whenever I please. It was nice and relaxing on Sunday until I kept remembering I would have to wake up at 6:45 for the next 8 weeks and have to do mindless, meaningless (at least to me) everyday. Today was my first day, and I honestly coudl not tell one of you what the hell I am doing or the significance of it all. I know that my day will revolve around an "Audit Checklist" that has time frames for each "check" and at least half of my day will be spent surfing the internet or reading a book, because I can't move on to the next item for another hour. I'm hoping after a few days they will tack on a few more responsibilities to my job description, but one can only hope.
So at the end of my first day, I was greeted with a lovely New Orleans afternoon down pour, so that I had to wait a good 5-10 minutes before the security guard at the bank who was carrying around an umbrella for us idiots who forgot ours and escorted me to my car. Then, on my commute home (which is luckily in the opposite direction of all of New Orleans' commuters because I am not working downtown) I was lucky enough to experience my first completely flooded road on the expressway home and 3 lanes had to maneuver themselves to 1 or else they would be hydroplaning in a foot and a half of water. Oh how I love the 100 degree weather, with 100 percent humidity, and afternoon downpours that create extreme traffic hazards after a long day of auditing who knows what.
Just thought I would update everyone on my move from SC to New Orleans. I am sorry I did not get to visit Alissa, but I hope to be able to make it up after this 8 weeks is up. Hopefully I'll have a grace period between this job and the next (which will hopefully be at a more interesting company as well). I can't really complain because it is money coming in that would not have been before, and I get to play with Kenny's puppy, did I mention that yet?
Hope everyone is doing well, I miss all of you! We should be getting an apartment soon so everyone of you should come visit!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment