A few of us talked about this idea over the weekend and think that we should pick a book to start reading on the first of the month and have basically all month to read it and discuss. We could either post comments on our thoughts or figure out a way to have all participants discuss at an allotted time (gchat conference?). We can figure that out later..
For now, I think people should maybe nominate a book or two for us to decide on for June - very soon! Post comments on this if interested. So far, I think X nominated "Push" on the last Book Club post so that is in the pool to choose from. I know some people have already read it, so the rest of us can either catch up or we can all start a new book? I am just throwing out ideas. Anyway, I am kinda excited about this idea (and the Movie Club, which we also talked about going through with) so everyone please share your thoughts and nominations!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
'The Giver'... I'm guessing some of you may have already read this book. But I have been looking for a reason to read it again, being the last time I picked up the book was for a reading assignment in the fifth grade. I do remember it being a very influential book in my life though.
ReplyDeletei think the #1 rule of the book club should be that we read books none of us have read. this shouldn't be hard! there are too many books in the world to be reading stuff we already have read and have worked out in our heads.
ReplyDeletemy sister is book club nerd for life, and in her group each person picks one, and then they are the mediator for the discussion. that might be the easiest way to go, each month 1 person picks a book
I agree that we should all have not read the book before.
ReplyDeleteWho wants to make the first suggestion? Somebody toss something out there! Or I will...
The girl with a dragon tattoo by stieg larsson is my nomination
ReplyDeleteno fuck that tattoo shit i nominate The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. i've wanted to read that book for years, and i think it would be right up our alley
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of Oscar Wao, it sounds like a good read.
ReplyDeleteIf Wisdom Father dictates it, it is tribal law. Oscar Wao.
ReplyDeletei heard the girl with the dragon tattoo was good as well... im down with either book as our first read.
ReplyDeleteI just finished my shit book today and I picked up Oscar Wao! Get reading everyone!
ReplyDeleteKatie grabbed it for us. Get to gettin we are!
ReplyDeleteHow will we discuss the book as a group?
ReplyDelete